LANAP Laser Gum Treatment
Laser Periodontal Therapy (LANAP)
Do you suffer from red, swollen and tender gums that occasionally bleed when brushed or flossed? Has your dentist told you that you are suffering from moderate to severe periodontal disease? Were you told you had "pockets" that were 4 mm or more between your teeth? Did your dentist refer you to a periodontal specialist? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we have a treatment option in our practice that you may be very interested in knowing more about - Laser Periodontal Therapy (LANAP)
- The PerioLase® MVP-7 laser now gives us a gentle and effective way to stop the damage being done by the infections in the gums.
- Patients who have had this form of laser treatment report that they have little or no discomfort after the procedure.
- We are proud to be among the first of the growing number of dental offices in the country to provide this breakthrough laser treatment to our patients.
What is Laser Gum Treatment?
- It's an advanced technique for your doctor to treat periodontal (gum) disease and save many teeth that were previously considered hopeless.
- A laser light is used to gently remove harmful bacteria and diseased tissue from the gum pockets.
- This allows the body to heal naturally so that the gum pockets improve and the teeth become more stable.
- Dramatically less traumatic yet highly effective alternative to cut and sew gum surgery.
- No cutting of the gum tissue with scalpel and no stitches means easy recovery with minimal bleeding.
- Preserves gum tissue instead of cutting it away.
- Reduces root exposure and sensitivity.
- Reduces infection.
- Reasonable expense.
Contact our office for more information about this laser procedure and its applicability to your dental needs. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with this gentle, effective treatment.